So I love quotes about book reading, I am constantly looking them up. Thus I’ve put together some of my absolute favorites for your enjoyment.
1. Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are. ~M.C.
2. Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~A.U.
3. There is no friend as loyal as a book. ~E.H.
4. You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy books and that’s kind of the same thing. ~A.
5. So many books, so little time. ~F.Z.
6. Between the pages of a book is a wonderful place to be. ~A.
7. I can’t imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once. ~C.S.L.
8. You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~C.S.L.
9. Where is human nature so weak as in the bookstore? ~H.W.B.
10. A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading. ~W.S.
11. Books fall open, you fall in. ~D.M.
12. Here’s to books, the cheapest vacation you can buy. ~C.H.
13. The nicest thing about books is no commercials. ~A.U.
14. A home without books is like a tree without birds. ~A.U.
15. To read or not to read; that is a silly question. ~A.U.
16. Picking five favorite books is like picking the five body parts you’d most like not to lose. ~N.G.
17. I cannot live without books. ~T.J.
18. A story doesn’t live until it is imagined in someone’s mind. ~S.
19. Asking me if I like reading, is like asking me if I like breathing. ~A.U.
20. A book is a gift you can open again and again. ~G.K.
21. Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures. ~R.E.
22. I was born with a reading list I will never finish. ~M.C.
23. I don’t want to just read books. I want to crawl inside of them and live there. ~A.U.
24. Books: the only thing you can buy that makes you richer. ~A.U.
25. Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read. ~O.M.
26. To read without reflecting is like eating without digesting. ~E.B.
27. The reading of all good books is like a conversation with the finest minds of the past centuries. ~D.
28. I disappear into books- what’s your superpower? ~A.U.
29. A book is not a book unless it is an experience. ~A.U.
30. Happiness is………drowning in an awesome book. ~A.U.
31. There is a time and place for books. In my hand, and now. ~A.U.
32. There is more treasure in books, than all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island. ~W.D.
33. Too many books? I think what you mean is not enough bookshelves. ~A.U.
34. The problem with reading a good book is that you want to finish the book, but you don’t want to finish the book. ~A.U.
35. One more chapter……..I whispered, two hours ago. ~A.U.
36. Reading a good book in silence is like eating chocolate for the rest of your life and never getting fat. ~A.U.
37. Reading one book is like eating one potato chip. ~A.U.
38. After a couple minutes of reading, the words disappear and a movie with every detail plays in my head. ~A.U.
39. I fell into a book and can’t get up! ~A.U.
40. The moment when something shocking happens in a book and you feel you can’t read fast enough….. ~A.U.
And last, but not least, #41. Wear the old coat, buy the new book.
Hope you found these intriguing, if not relatable.