More quotes! This time on Christianity and the Bible. 🙂 These are some of my favorite quotes from martyrs, pastors and missionaries.
1. Where God guides, He provides. -A.U.
2. Jesus died for you in public, so don’t just live for Him in private. -A.U.
3. C.O.F.F.E.E. Christ Offers Forgiveness For Everyone Everywhere. -A.U.
4. I can’t. God can. -A.U.
5. The Bible is meant to be bread for daily use, not cake for special occasions. -A.U.
6. If you’re not hungry for God, then you’re probably full of yourself. -A.U.
7. The Old Testament was external, the New Testament is internal. -A.U.
8. Satan tempts. Jesus tests. -A.U.
9. P.R.A.Y. Praise Repent Ask Yield. -A.U.
10. To trust God in the light is nothing, but to trust Him in the dark- that is Faith. -C.H.S.
11. If you cannot trust God for the temporal, how dare you trust Him for the eternal? -C.H.S.
12. It’s not the strength of your faith that saves you, but the strength of Him upon whom you rely. -C.H.S.
13. ‘I am with you always’ is enough for my soul to live upon no matter who forsakes me. -C.H.S.
14. Fiery trials make golden Christians. -C.H.S.
15. Visit many good books, but live in the Bible. – C.H.S.
16. Christ’s sheep will not be offended by Christ’s voice. -C.H.S.
17. It is easier to talk to God about people than it is to talk to people about God. -R.C.
18. Faith; it does not make things easy, it makes them possible. -A.U.
19. I will fear nothing, because nothing is greater than my God. A.U.
20. If God brings you to it, He’ll bring you through it. -A.U.
21.Bury thy sorrow, let others be blest, Give them the sunshine, tell Jesus the rest. -E.P.
22. Any concern too small to be turned into prayer is too small to be made into a burden. -C.T.B.
23. Hold everything in your hands lightly, otherwise it hurts when God pries them open. -C.T.B.
24. All along, let us remember we are not asked to understand, but simply to obey… -A.C.
25. Oh God, here’s my Bible, here’s my money, here’s me. Use me, God. -G.A.
26. When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don’t throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer. -C.T.B.
27. If you look at the world, you’ll be distressed. If you look within, you’ll be depressed. If you look at God, you’ll be at rest. -C.T.B.
28. You can never learn that Christ is all you need, until Christ is all you have. -C.T.B.
29. The only thing that will matter 3,000,000 years from now is who’s in Heaven and who’s in Hell. -A.U.
30. Whatever you make the most of is your God. -M.L.
31. Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants. -W.P.
32. A Christian is either going into a trial, going through a trial or coming out of a trial. -G.N.
33. Grace is getting what you don’t deserve. Mercy is not getting what you deserve. -A.U.
34. Life is short, death is sure. Sin the cause, Christ the cure. -A.U.
35. Always saved, eternally lost. -A.U.
36. Soldier, throw away your sheath, it is not a part of your armour. -A.U.
37. Always Seek And Pray (the original A.S.A.P.). -A.U.
38. It was not the volume of sin that sent Christ to the cross, it was the fact of sin. -A.U.
39. Never mind who frowns if God smiles. -C.B.
40. You cannot say ‘No, Lord’ and mean both words; one annuls the other. If you say no to Him, then He is not your Lord. -D.J.K.
41. If Jesus Christ be God and died for me, no sacrifice I make can be too great for Him. -C.T.S.
42. The beginning of anxiety is the end of faith, and the beginning of true faith is the end of anxiety. -G.M.
43. Before I can preach love, mercy, and grace, I must preach sin, law, and judgement. -B.B.
44. The way you regard prayer is the way you regard God. -B.J.
45. It is a terrible thing, I’ve found, to be grateful and have no one to thank, to be awed and have no one to worship. -P.Y.
That’s all for now. Au revoir!